Composite fillings and bonding to restore teeth
When problems arise with your smiles, such as cavities, fracturing, chipping, or staining, patients will want to work with an Irvine, California, area dentist who has the materials and techniques to restore these teeth. Dr. Tom Alexander and his dedicated team at Sterling Plaza Dentistry can help with tooth-colored fillings and composite restorations.
What is composite resin bonding?
Using cosmetic bonding on teeth is a standard procedure performed at the office of Dr. Tom Alexander. This material is also known as tooth-colored filling. It can be used to improve the look of a discolored or chipped tooth. The resin is professionally matched to the color of the natural teeth and then bonded to the surface of the problem tooth. Once in place, it is sculpted into the right shape and then hardened with a high-intensity light.
What are the benefits of composite bonding?
Many patients choose cosmetic bonding because it offers several advantages over other types of restorations, such as:
- The material can be color-matched to your existing teeth for a natural look.
- It can be used to repair a variety of small chips or cracks.
- Composite bonding is completed in one appointment.
- The material will last several years before replacement may be needed.
- Composite bonding can be used for filling teeth gaps or as a cavity filling.
- Composite bonding is an affordable alternative to other restoration options such as porcelain veneers or dental crowns.
During a consultation appointment with Dr. Tom Alexander of Sterling Plaza Dentistry, patients in Irvine and surrounding areas can determine if they are a proper candidate for composite resin bonding and learn how this material can enhance their smile.
Learn more about cosmetic bonding
Composite bonding is a great way to improve the look and feel of your teeth without the need to resort to porcelain veneers or dental crowns. If you would like more information on this type of restoration, please get in touch with the office of Sterling Plaza Dentistry today and schedule an appointment with Dr. Tom Alexander to discuss all your options. The office is located at 2 Osborn, Suite #140 in Irvine, CA, and can be reached by calling or texting (949) 868-2224.